Tuesday 15 September 2015

I'll show you mine if you show me yours ;)

So it came to my attention today, by my lovely co-teacher, that showing your shoulders in Korea is considered quite whorish behaviour… This information came up because I was AT WORK (on my second day) in a lovely little sleeveless shirt! Luckily she had a sweater in her bag that I could borrowed for the rest of the day! Crisis averted!  I only wish I had had this information 4 days ago!  I've been walking around town getting strange looks (mostly from older gentlemen) under the impression that it was because I'm a tall white chick! But no! It's because I was traipsing around with my very indecent shoulders hanging out of my shirt for all to see! How horrible of me!

Any ways.  Just one of those weird cultural differences.  Though shoulders are a no-no, it is perfectly acceptable to wear a see-through shirt and bright coloured bra… as long as the see-through shirt covers your shoulders!

I do believe I will be make a trip to the store to buy a few short sleeve button-down shirts to cover my indecencies tomorrow!


I'll write tomorrow regarding my first two days of work.  For now, I'm heading to bed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment